Small Group Opportunities for June:
NORMAL 1ST – ONE BODY, MANY SMALL GROUPS
Missing weekly, face-to-face worship is hard. We’ve discovered though that small groups can give us a sense of connection, a chance to meet new people, and tools for going deeper in our faith.
During this pandemic, this is a perfect time to join a small group.
Groups will meet virtually, on Zoom, unless noted. Not sure how to use Zoom in order to participate? Contact the church office and we’ll help you.
**Zoom, on-line groups will be limited to 8 people.
**In-person groups have these guidelines:
a. Only if the State of Illinois & Bishop’s Office determine we’re in Stage 3
b. Recommended that persons over 65 yrs. and/or with pre-existing
medical conditions not participate in in-person gatherings.
c. Limited to 10 persons total.
d. Social distancing is expected and masks worn.
b. Email (email@example.com) or call the church office (452-2096)
1. SUMMER DEVOTION & STUDY GROUPS
The Spread of the Gospel – Paul’s 4 Missionary Journeys
This is something that we’re glad has spread! Learn together some of the stories and discuss their messages for us today.
Meet 4 times ~ Groups of 8 or less ~ Hosted by various church members ~ primarily on Zoom
Tuesdays, Beginning June 9 11:00 AM Leader Betty Grove
Tuesdays, Beginning June 9 7:00 PM Leader Teresa Decker
Wednesdays, Beginning June 10 5:30 PM Leader Beth Harris
Wednesdays, Beginning June 10 6:00 PM Leader Jana Edge
Wednesdays, Beginning June 10 7:00 PM Pastor Kathy (Outdoors)
Thursdays, Beginning June 11 10:00 AM Leader Mary Foster
Fridays, Beginning June 12 10:30 AM Leader Kathy Gossard
2. MUSIC GROUP, MONDAYS, 12:00PM (Beginning June 8) led by Janna Peterson
Short-term hymnody study: take hymns from the week ahead (or behind) worship service and study them more deeply. It may enrich our understanding and appreciation of the words we “sing”.
3. FAITH IN MOTION, TUESDAYS, 7pm & WEDNESDAYS 10am, beginning June 9 & 10 Leader: Emily King-Nobles If you want a fun way to stay active, this group is for you! We will be learning EASY exercises and dances each week as we embark on the journey of faith Jesus calls us on. Faith in Motion will meet for the month of June with 2 options for times. If you’re 5 or 105, you are welcome! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. LIVING IN A WORLD OF MASKS, THURSDAYS 7pm beginning June 11
Leaders: Kim Burke & Emily King-Nobles
There’s no question that our world is full of masks right now. But what about the invisible masks we wear every day, even before the pandemic started? The masks we put on to hide our imperfection? Come to this study where we will focus on living vulnerably in order to live the whole & complete lives God calls us to. (email@example.com) or (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. CAREGIVERS SUPPORT GROUP, Meeting Monthly, June 8 @ 10:30am
Visit with others who are providing caregiving to family members. Participants can join by phone or video on Zoom. Contact Pastor Kathy (email@example.com) to get connected.
6. FELLOWSHIP GROUP, THURSDAYS 10am beginning June 4
Join congregational Care Coordinator Erika Cheeseman on zoom for fellowship and conversation. Bring your coffee or ice tea and gather around the virtual table to connect with new and old friends. No need to sign up ahead of time. Zoom fellowship link will be on the front page of the website (normalfirst.org).
8. MEN’S SMALL GROUP, Thursdays, 7-8pm, ongoing Led by Brent Anderson
Men are invited to a fellowship and discussion time. Using prompt questions, we will hang out and learn about each other. New members are always welcome Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info (including a Zoom link to join the meeting).
9. SLOW & STEADY BIBLE STUDY, THURSDAYS, 12PM, ongoing
Led by Pastor Kent – (email@example.com)No homework. No tests. No prior knowledge necessary. A group that supports and enjoys each other. Currently studying the Book of Acts. Focus is on making the Bible helpful and relevant to our everyday lives. You are invited!
10. CANOEING THE MOUNTAINS book study – for Church Council Members:
Led by Pastor Kathy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mondays, 7 – 8pm (on zoom with breakout rooms for discussions)
June 15, 29; July 13, 27; Aug 10 & 24
More information will be sent to Church Council Members
1. Call or email the church office (452-2096 or email@example.com) 2. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090F4DA9AE28A7FA7-small