Our congregation gathers weekly for worship and we hope you feel welcome and comfortable. When you arrive, please take a few minutes to introduce yourself to the greeters so they can answer any questions you may have and welcome you to our fellowship. Use this link to learn more about our church staff and to be able to recognize them when you visit us on a Sunday morning. Our church offers many opportunities and activities to meet new people and strengthen your faith. You can link to our church calendar to get a sense of this.
Our church is a large building on the North side of the Illinois State University campus. Our church building has plenty of parking and on the weekend we can also use some of the ISU parking lots. We have elevator access to all class rooms, Fellowship Hall, the Sanctuary, the Chapel, Library, kitchen, restrooms and all offices. First time guests are encouraged to park in the lot on the North side of the church and enter at the canopied entrance.
Our address is 211 North School St., Normal, IL 61761 (LINK to Map). If you would like to visit us during thee week, our office hours are 8:00am-noon and 1:00pm-4:00pm Monday through Friday (except holidays).
The church parking lot is located on the north side of the building. First time guests are encouraged to park in that lot and enter at the canopied entrance. During the weekend, additional parking is available in the Bone Student Center lot and the ISU parking lot east of the building, across School St.
If you need a ride to church, please call the church office at (309) 452-2096.
Currently we offer three worship services:
- Sunday 9:30 am – traditional service
- Sunday 11:00 am – blended/contemporary service
- Saturday 5:00 pm – casual service
We strive to keep our worship services fresh and welcome feedback on how we can improve. Coffee and donuts are available before both Sunday services in the Narthex with ample seating to socialize and meet new people. We welcome you to participate in the service where you feel most comfortable.
Notes Regarding the Worship Services:
- If you feel lost initially just identify your self to one of the greeters or usher at the rear of the sanctuary and they will be glad to help orient you to the building and introduce you to other members of the church.
- You will receive a bulletin with the order of the service, announcements, and the names of the worship leaders.
- The worship leaders will enter the sanctuary during the prelude. This is a time to listen to the music and prepare for worship through prayer or reflection.
- We offer Open Communion. The United Methodists believe that God’s table is open to all people regardless of religion, church affiliation, or personal beliefs. All are welcome to feast with God.
- At the conclusion of worship, the pastor and other worship leaders will remain in the rear of the sanctuary for conversation.
- You can follow these links to listen to our ministers most recent sermons. (LINK to Recent Sermons)
- You can also review the most recent Sundays worship program and also read our most recent newsletter called The First Connection. (LINK to worship program and First Connection)
Accessibility & Assistance
Ushers are available to assist you at any time. Please move to the rear of the sanctuary and an usher will come to you. If you are unable to leave your seat, please ask a neighbor to get help or motion to an usher. An elevator is available to access all floors of the church. For answers to Other Frequently Asked Questions follow this link.
Children are welcome to attend the worship services, but we also offer several Sunday School classes at 9:30 am for children and youth. To learn more about Sunday School and activities for children follow this link. To learn more about Sunday School and activities for youth follow this link. Adult Sunday School classes are offered at 11:00 am.
Small groups are a great way to learn the Bible, grow in faith, and develop a wonderful support system with friends who are experiencing life together and seeking to focus on Jesus. Groups are led by many different members of the congregation at different times and locations. Follow this link to learn more about the wide variety of small groups offered by our church.