On this weekend, as the Church has been doing for centuries, we celebrate All Saints Day, remembering and honoring those from our church family who died this past year. A service like this can make us feel sad, remembering so many who have impacted our lives and church and community. But through our faith, the service also can have a sense of hope and joy, as we take comfort in eternal life and the promise of God to always be with us, no matter what.
The scriptures will be Hebrews 12:1-2 & John 11:32-44. I encourage you to take a few moments though and read through the entire chapter of John 11. There you’ll be reminded again of the story of the raising of Lazarus, Jesus’ dear friend. The sermon focus will be on the power of the words that Christ spoke, “Unbind him and let Him go.”
Some special parts of our worship services include:
- Remembering our Saints and ringing of the bell – Saturday (5:00) & Sunday (9:30)
- Emily Sherfey sharing her wonderful talent of liturgical dance (Sunday services)
- Holy Communion (all 3 services)
- Welcome to ISU Students & Families for Family Weekend
- Handing out Bags of Blessings to be filled for the Center for Hope.
- We’re still receiving pledge cards for 2018. Bring to worship or drop by the church office.
- Rev. Kim leading worship on Saturday
See you in worship!
. . . And don’t forget to get that extra hour of sleep this Sunday before coming to church! Fall back!