I am often struck by how many people appear to be stressed. I see a lot of people who seem overwhelmed, tired, and preoccupied. Here are a few questions for you to consider.
- Do you ever feel like you are rushing through your day?
- Does it feel like no matter how hard or long you work, you just can’t get caught up?
- At the end of the day, do you ever have trouble resting because your mind keeps going over things?
- Do you sometimes feel the weight of expectations from family, work, etc. are too great to be satisfied?
- Do your days ever feel out of balance?
- Do you ever long for a time for renewal?
- When you do a get a time for renewal, do those activities leave you truly refreshed and reoriented, confident that you can meet life’s challenges and live a meaning-filled life?
This week in worship we start a series we are calling R.E.S.T. This first week we will focus on the importance of Renewal. Next week we will focus on how to be Energized. Then what does Sabbath mean for our age. Finally, how to use our Time. During these next 4 weeks we will think together about what really matters in life. We will try to find the rhythms of life that God has created for us, and how living in that balance helps us live healthy lives.
We will also focus on this message from Jesus. Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)
28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
I look forward to worshipping with you this weekend.
I hope you have time for worship.
NOISY OFFERING-THIS WEEKEND
Our church has pledged $6500 to The Baby Fold this year. Through Pizza Ranch’s sharing profits program, the Noisy Offering, and Vacation Bible School offering, $3,167 has been raised with another $1500 expected in upcoming Noisy Offerings. Would you help us reach our goal (the remaining $2,000) by the end of October by making a special gift to The Baby Fold through our church offering or the office? Please bring your coins and loose bills to worship this weekend to help us help our neighbor.