CANDLELIGHT CAROL – December 10, 3:30pm
Come share the joy of the Christmas story told through song, scripture, and the glow of candlelight as the United Methodist Women Presents Candlelight Carols at 3:30 in the Sanctuary on December 10. After the program, join with family and friends for a time for food and fellowship in the lounge.
CHRISTMAS CANTATA – December 16 5pm & December 17 9:30am
Sometimes amid the joyful Christmas festivities, we forget the challenges Mary and Joseph faced all those centuries ago. Experience perhaps a new way of considering the Christmas journey.
THE LONGEST NIGHT SERVICE – December 21, 12pm in Chapel and 6pm in the Sanctuary
A reflective and peaceful service experiencing the love of Christ during the holiday season. As the days shorten and the nights grow longer, the holidays may not be merry and bright for those who are experiencing loss, depression, illness, worry, and struggle. The Longest Night Service is for all who find the holidays difficult, all who search for healing, and all who pray for wholeness. Please join us for a time of acknowledging our hurting places with God and preparing our hearts for the coming of Christ.
CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICES
Family Worship service at 4:00pm and Worship & Holy Communion at 7:00pm.
- November 4 & 5 – All Saints Sunday
- November 12 – Baby Recognition (9:30am)
- November 18 & 19 – Blessing of Prayer Shawls
- November 19 – Thanksgiving Sunday
- November 25 – Holy Communion
- November 26 – Christ the King Sunday and Holy Communion
December Worship Highlights
- December 3 (9:30am) – Children’s Christmas Pageant
- December 17 (5:00pm) – Christmas Cantata
- December 18 (9:30am) – Christmas Cantata
- December 24 (10am only morning service) – Worship Service
- December 24 (4:00pm & 7:00pm) – Christmas Eve Worship Service
- December 30 (5:00pm) – Worship Service
- December 31 (10am only morning service) – Worship Service
Check our Weekly Bulletin to learn more about daily church activities. Also check out the Upcoming Events page for events in the coming weeks and read the Newsletter for a monthly discussion of church activities. Did you miss church last Sunday? Select the Sermon page to listen to the interesting sermon from last week.
More News from Normal First