Mission committee mail as of April 5, 2018
Midwest Mission Distribution Center:
- Thank you notes for FUMC’s donations of 12 computers and 22 hospital gowns and 5 newborn hats.
- In February, MMDC reports it sent
- 72 school desks, 203 personal dignity kits, and 199 student school bags to Kenya.
- 4,190 birthing kits, 1,197 layette kits, 76 sewing machines, 24 bicycles, and ten tons of household cleaners, linens and medical equipment to Haiti.
- Flood relief supplies to Watseka and Aroma Park: 144 cleaning bucket kits, 300 personal dignity kits, 48 student school bags, 20 layette kits and 100 storage totes.
- The 911 system and post office have assigned MEDCO a new address for the unchanged location: 1001 Mission Drive, Pawnee, IL 62558
Lessie Bates Davis Neighborhood House:
Thank you notes for January’s $100 donation and February’s $500 donation.
Recycling Furniture for Families:
Thank you note for $500 donation in March.
RFF served about 1,000 men, women and children in 2017 who were in need of basic household items.
Habitat for Humanity of McLean County:
Thank you for $50 donation. Noel Lucero, Development Director, writes, “We work together to be a ‘hand up’ to families throughout McLean County.”
Home Sweet Home Ministries:
Thank you for March donation of $50. “You are making a difference in the lives of your neighbors. Our newest resident at Home Sweet Home, Little Tasha, is just a few days old. You are making it possible for Tasha and her mother, Rhonda, to have a safe supporting place to live while Rhonda works toward the goal of saving for an apartment,” writes Mary Ann Pullin, Chief Executive Officer.
SPERO Family Services:
Thank you for $200 donation in March which provides “…hope, health and healing,” writes Sandy Sinnett, Director of Development and Public Relations.
Preachers’ Aid Society and Benefit Fund:
Thank you for $500 donation in March. The Reverend Keith Anderson, Executive Director, writes “Your generosity enables PASBF to make a significant difference. One spouse wrote, ‘PASBF is saving my life!’”
Illinois Church Action on Alcohol and Addiction:
Thank you for $200 donation which was “A blessing and an answer to prayer,” writes Anita R. Bedell, Executive Director. FUMC has been designated as a “Century Church” by the ILCAAAP
Thank you for February’s donation of $60 which helps fund programs to “…fight hunger and poverty, assist the displaced and respond to disasters,” writes Roland Fernandes, General Treasurer of the General Board of Global Ministries.
Cunningham Children’s Home:
Thank you for February’s $500 donation. “You are providing the day-to-day necessities as well as the extras that every child should enjoy. You are giving our kids healing and hope,” writes Ginger McKee, Associate Director of Advancement who added, “Thank you for loving our kids – we are grateful!”