At First United Methodist Church, you are part of a church family striving for a life of love, inspiration, and transformation. We hope the worship and ministry of FUMC help you feel closer to God and uplifted in spirit. We are glad to be part of your church family.
Pastor Kent and Pastor Kathy
Connect in Worship
- Saturday evening, 5:00 pm, Casual traditional service – This service offers a relaxed atmosphere to the worship experience. The pastor’s message and the format of the service is traditional but less formal than the traditional Sunday morning service. Music includes well-known hymns set to piano as well as guest musicians. Everything that is offered in the other services is included in the Saturday evening service, but it offers a more casual time of worship.
- Sunday morning, 9:30 am, Traditional service – This is the type of worship service most common and familiar to worshipers. The format is traditional with organ music, choirs, children’s messages, and a familiar format to the worship experience.
- Sunday morning, 11:00 am, Blended service – This service includes a blend of traditional, casual, and contemporary elements. It offers organ music and some choir pieces, but it also blends in more contemporary hymns led by a Praise Team. It is less formal in in feel, but still offers the worshiper all the prayers and messages that are familiar and comfortable.
Connect in Sunday School
- Sundays at 9:30am
- Small Groups throughout the week
- Childcare is available Sunday mornings
- Join us in the Lounge for Fellowship time before and after each Sunday worship service
- Visit our Welcome Center in the Narthex for additional ministry opportunities
- Need a ride to church? Visit the welcome center for more information
- Recordings of worship services are available in the church library as well as on the church website www.normalfirst.org
- Additional Sunday morning parking is available in adjacent university parking lots
Open calendar in new tab